Monday, October 24, 2011

7w5d

I had another ultrasound last Friday since the growth was a little behind on baby on the first ultrasound.  Baby looked almost LESS like a baby than it did a week ago, but had grown a lot (now 1cm long) and heartbeat was 146.  They showed us the flickering heart for a few seconds, it was very cool to see it fluttering away!  My little baby...I can't wait to hear the heartbeat next. 

On Thursday I have an appointment with a nurse practioner at CCRM to check me over and make sure things are going well.  No ultrasound that time, but I guess it's good to make sure that I'm okay in addition to baby :)  Then blood work on Friday to continue to monitor my hormone levels.  Hopefully if Friday's levels are good they will start to taper my hormones which will take about another 3 or 4 weeks to get off of.  I am very excited to be off of all those hormones, but you begin to wonder if your body is capable of sustaining the pregnancy without them. 

Next Tuesday then I have my first official appointment with my OB, Dr. Gipson.  I will have an ultrasound at that appointment, and then all of my care, with the exception of my weekly blood work at CCRM until I'm all the way off of my hormones, will be done with my OB.  I'm so excited to get past this first trimester hump and feel more like a normal pregnant woman.  5 more weeks to go!

I continue to be very nauseous.  If I can find something tasty that I can eat enough of I do feel much better, but mostly my appetite is pathetic and Brian always ends up finishing my meals (he said he will probably gain as much as me over the next 9 months!) 

All for now, dinner tonight with some friends, hoping I am able to eat something and enjoy myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment