Friday, October 14, 2011

6w2d ultrasound

We had our first ultrasound this morning.  Baby was in there, it looked like a grain of rice in a big black bubble!  Heartbeat was 109, they wanted it above 100.  Growth showed baby at 5w6d and 6w0d in the two measurements they did which is 2 or 3 days behind schedule.  They want to do another ultrasound next Friday at 7w2d to make sure baby isn't falling farther behind.  It makes me nervous because on the forum I'm on the girls have all measured right on schedule or a day ahead.  My nurse wasn't there today so I was talking to a different nurse I've never met.  The ultrasound tech was also someone I've never met, so I think all of those things combined make me feel uneasy.  The tech did say that she thinks I came about 3 days too early (even though this is when Annie told me to come) and that sometimes when the baby is this tiny it is hard to get an accurate reading.  Everyone tells me to be happy and that probably everything is fine, but I guess I will probably feel really uneasy the entire first trimester - it just seems so precarious, like it could be ripped away from me at any minute. 

After the appointment we had another appointment at an OB that two of Brian's coworkers had recommended.  The OB was in Mexico doing free surgeries for a few days down there which she does every year at this time, so I met with her NP.  It is a solo practice which I'm not sure I love, but they are right across the hall from Obstetrix, who is the group my sister used and is a great high risk practice that they said they would share my care with them.  All of my Lovenox care would be through Obstetrix as well as a heart screening later in pregnancy due to my sister's baby having tetralogy of fallot.  I was going to try to go to Obstetrix as my primary OB, but I haven't heard back if I qualify for their practice and they only deliver at PSL downtown, and we really want to deliver at Sky Ridge, so this practice may be the answer I was wanting. 

Anyway, big day, and happy to still be in the game!  The OB gave us some samples of diapers and formula in my welcome package and it is so surreal to think about those things.  This still doesn't seem real most days!

No comments:

Post a Comment